Tan Chye Tiong has been actively involved in the local Chinese Music scene and visual art scene.
He is currently a professional musician with the Singapore Chinese Orchestra. He also teaches the general elective program called “Study in Chinese Music” with the National Institute of Education.
He is currently a member of the Singapore Watercolour Society, Singapore Art Society and Society of Chinese Artist, and regularly participating in various annual arts exhibitions. He had held eight visual art solo exhibitions locally and one in Pusan, South Korea.
More recent ones are:
– A solo exhibition at Convention Hall, Resort World Sentosa. As a program to commemorate the centennial celebration of Singapore Ann Kway Association, on Dec 2012.
– Tan Chye Tiong Ronald Western Arts Solo Exhibition, Singapore Conference Hall, A program held in conjunction with SCO 15th Anniversary celebration. Feb 2012.
– Tan Chye Tiong Ronald Western Arts Solo Exhibition, Jurong Regional Library, Feb 2011.
– “From Russia, China, to Singapore”, a 3 men exhibition with a Russian and a China artist, organized by Yang Gallery, at Pan Pacific Hotel, 2009.
Some of his paintings has been the collection of private bodies and established organizations both local and overseas like: Nanyang Academic of Fine Arts, Singapore Embassy at South Korea, DBS Bank, UOB Bank, Singapore Container Warehouse, China Conservatory of Music,. etc, he was commissioned by Singapore Changi Beach Club to paint four paintings to be displayed in the club vicinity since year 1998.
Some outstanding personalities like Mr C.V. Devan Nair(Third President of the Republic of Singapore) and Princess of Thailand has been the collectors of his paintings.
– Selected to participate in the 10th Shell Discovery Art Exhibition, 1990.
– Won 3rd prize in the 7th Painting Competition, organized by Outram Park CC, 1990
– Was seclected to put up solo art exhibition in Tai-Pan Ramada Hotel(now Allson Hotel),1989.
– Selected to participate in the IBM Art Award Painting Competition Exhibition, 1989.
– Won 1st prize in On the Spot Art Competition,Open Section organized by Chong Pang CC, 1983
– Selected to participate in the UOB Painting of the Year Painting Competition Exhibition, 1982.